WHAT'S ON MY DESK
Chick-Fil-A Sweet Tea
Notepad with a Long To-Do List on It
(if I get my list on a notepad, I know it's a good week)
(most of the time it's scribbled on scrap paper)
(my favorite brands are Artistan and Moleskine)
(aka my third hand)
(Simply Simmons sizes 0, 2, 3, 5, 10, and a lot of cheap ones because I am horrible at keeping them clean)
(plus a dust brush)
Gouache Ink Mixes
(Holbein or Windor and Newton brand)
Nibs and Speedball Holder
(Nikko G or Zebra G)
(gel pens, oil based paint pens, Tombow brand pens, Pentel sign pen, faber- Castell brush pens)
Ruler and Triangle
(if only it gave me a tan)
(lots and lots of it)
WHAT'S IN A SUITE
There are several different components that are included in wedding suites offered by Alli K Design. The invitation suites are ready-made specific to the client. Each suite can be customized, so the information below can be used to figure out what you want and need from your wedding suite for the big day.
1 | Save the Date
Set the mood for your wedding and all of the paper goods to follow from the very start with your customized save the date card. Save the dates can be customized to be a postcard, include your engagement picture, or custom illustrations like a wedding monogram.
2 | Invitation Card
The invitation card is the main card of the suite and will include general wedding information such as name, date, time, and location. This comes in a variety of sizes, but the standard is 5x7.
3 | Outer Envelope
The outer envelope will be stamped and addressed, but you can also spice it up a bit by customizing your outer envelope with an envelope liner.
4 | Invitation enclosure
The invitation enclosure is what holds all of the paper goods together inside the envelope. The enclosure can be one of three options:
o A Pocket – including the invitation in the center with the additional pieces in the pocket
o A Belly Band – wrapping around all of the paper goods
o A String or Ribbon – wrapping around all of the paper good
5 | CALLIGRAPHY ADDRESSING
There are different styles of calligraphy and variations for addressing your envelopes. Click here to see examples of different calligraphy styles.
6 | Return Address
The return address can be printed straight onto the envelope, or we can make you a custom rubber stamp for all your return address needs – like when you’re writing thank you notes for all the wonderful gifts you’ll receive!
Vintage or Customized Stamps
Vintage or customized stamps that match your invitation suite can bring it all together and give everything a complete, cohesive feel. (NOTE: Vintage or customized stamps will cost more than regular stamps, but you’ll love the overall look of your invitations as you drop them off at the post office.)
7 | Illustration Map
Sure, your guests could use Google Maps or their GPS, but an illustration map is a unique way to show your guests where to go for your wedding. This map can include directions to the ceremony and reception venues, suggested hotels, or local attractions and suggestions.
8 | Details Card
You guessed it. This is the card that gives your guests all the details for your wedding. The details card can include information about your wedding website, local hotels, directions to venues, and where you are registered.
9 | Reply Card
The reply card is the card that guests will fill out to RSVP to your wedding. It can be a card and envelope that your guests will mail back to you, a postcard, or an information card giving them details on how to RSVP electronically.
Signed, SEALED, delivered. Use a customized wax seal with either an initial or a drawing that matches your suite to seal all the details together. The wax seal can be placed on the outer envelope or on the invitation enclosure.
QUESTIONS + ANSWERS
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR CUSTOM INVITES?
· For initial inquiry, it’s best to contact me no later than four months to a year before the big day. This will give me the appropriate amount of time to get all your details in order and make sure your invitation suite and everything else you requested is perfected. The first step of this process is to book a consultation meeting to discuss your ideas and details.
· The consultation meeting can be held in person at the Curated Co-op in Dallas or over the phone. The main purpose of this meeting is for you to let me know all the things you want and need for your wedding suite and for me to explain the process of how to make all those paper goods dreams come true.
· Based on our meeting, I’ll send over a quote and a contract for you to review.
· A 30% non-refundable deposit fee will be due before any work is done. This fee is put towards initial supplies to get the project started, and is factored into your final balance (so don’t worry, you won’t be losing any money).
· We will then set up a design meeting (the fun part!) We’ll go over all the details, including color palates and paper options, as well as look at some samples.
Design and Revisions
· You’ll get an initial set of digital proofs of your designs to review. There will be up to three rounds of revisions to make sure it is exactly how you want it.
Printing and Delivery
· You’ll be sent a round of final proofs to be reviewed and approved. Once all proofs are approved, they’ll be sent to the printer!
· We ask that you do not print anything on your own because it can be a trickier step than you might think. We work with a printer that we know and trust to give us the best results and fastest turnaround times.
DO YOU HAVE WORKSHOPS MONTHLY?
Yes! I typically have one-two workshops a month, teaching either modern calligraphy, brush lettering, or watercolor. If a class isn't your style or if you can't make any of the workshop dates, I offer private lessons at my studio, along with private event classes and girls' night out parties!
DO YOU MAKE LOGOS?
I do not do any branding or create any logos through Alli K Design anymore, but I have partnered up with Dropcapdesign to develop my work with logos. For more information visit our page at www.dropcapdesign.com.
DO YOU HAVE DIFFERENT CALLIGRAPHY STYLES?
Yes! All of the suites and orders by Alli K Design are done in hand drawn calligraphy and customized illustrated elements. Drawing everything by hand gives it a unique and custom feel that will perfectly represent you and your special event.